A LandScape Of Handmade Goods + Art


Monday, May 21, 2007

Pincushions-A-Go-Go

In this larger view of the pincushion, you can see the different types of fabrics used. The handmade appliques on this pincushion include the girl with a striped cap and a blue & brown peace sign in the upper right hand corner.



I'm happy to finally have photos of all the projects I've been working on these past weeks, some of which include these pincushions. They are made from all types of fabric bits sewn together and then I appliqued some hand drawn designs to the fronts. They are all approximately the same generous size (7"x7" or a tad larger) because small pincushions have a way of disappearing in my studio, so I have developed a preference for a nice sized pincushion. Also, I have stuffed them to the brim because the polyfiberfil will settle a bit. This item will soon be posted in my webstore along with details of the product. Have a glorious Monday folks.

No comments: