A LandScape Of Handmade Goods + Art


Monday, July 30, 2007

2 Loves - Pincushions & Dandie In The Underworld


I'm having a love affair with pincushions right now. Shown are the "mama" (7 1/2"x7 1/2") pincushions but I'm working on some newer pincushions - the "baby" (4"x4") pincushions that are both cute and funky. I love them because I get to draw, sew and make them all so different - love that. I just dropped off seven last night to the one and only Dandie In The Underworld - the coolest, hippest, most unique store ever. Even its location in the alley is cool - or I should say, the owners made it cool with their fabulous flair for the creative and their fierce use of recycled items. I've never been the shop-til-you-drop type of girl but I went in this store once to drop off my first shipment of goods and almost couldn't find my way out. Every corner of the store was enchanting to look at. I love handmade and of course anything recycled because of the unique, one-of-a-kind factor. For me, this is the kind of place where I could forget where money came from and buy, buy, buy! Enjoy!

No comments: