A LandScape Of Handmade Goods + Art


Saturday, March 24, 2007

Virgin Blogger Welcome

A month and a half ago, I didn't know what a blog was. Alas! I now have a blog of my own. So on this, my very first post on my very first blog, I wish to say hello and welcome.

My plans for this blog are to share my work since I am an artist and to highlight whatever objects in the art, design, diy world that get my tail wagging. My work includes paintings, collage, and I'm also an indie designer who loves, loves, loves fabrics of all kinds - cotton, linen, wool, and even the most despised (is it the most despised?) and ridiculed of all fabrics - polyester. Yes! I admit it. I love polyester, especially vintage. They make the cutest dolls. You probably thought I made pink polyester suits for myself or something. But really, they do make super cute dolls, pillows and tons of other funky stuff. Most people don't even know it's polyester until you tell them but I keep the poly stuff for myself because many folks don't like it. By the way, I didn't name this site after my love of polyester. I just really like the way the word sounds.

Anyway, I entered a couple of my plush dolls in the Softie Awards Competition. My little baby, "Payaso" can be seen above and at www.softiescentral.typepad.com. If you see some cute, little, doll over there that catches your fancy, you can vote for it. It's unbelievable how many talented designers submitted their dolls and unbelievable how many countries participated! I was shocked because I had no idea this would be so huge. Good luck to all the participants and thanks to all the judges for their hard work.

No comments: