A LandScape Of Handmade Goods + Art


Monday, December 3, 2007

New Dolls On The Way


This tattered piece of paper may look like nothing but for me, it was a sight for sore eyes because it's a sketch I did weeks ago of these two characters that I decided would have to become new Carney's.

This was a piece of paper that ended up at the bottom of my bag that I took for yet another "to do" list but when I finally opened it up over the weekend after weeks of being tossed around, I saw the sketches on it and nearly freaked because it had of course become tattered, crumpled and most stunning - pieces were missing...eek! I had a clear enough picture of the guy with the mustache. While parts of his legs and arms were missing I remembered how they looked but the other guy was completely missing and I had no memory of what his face looked like - just his shoes and hands. So I maniacally searched the bottom of my bag for missing pieces and carefully taped them back together. Here's what I found. My boys are beaten up but at least I know what they look like and can bring them to life in plush form. Phew! That was a close one. Stay tuned. :)

No comments: