A LandScape Of Handmade Goods + Art


Saturday, April 21, 2007

The Bee, The Fly, The Bird...and Mr. Mosquito


Well, the troops are coming out. Yesterday bright and early in the morn, I stepped out on my porch with a delicious cup of coffee (my friend's tia makes for me when she visits from Puerto Rico - coffee on the stove - fabulous and strong - the best coffee ever!) when out of the corner of my eye, I beheld a flying creature coming closer to my left eye. Realizing it was a bee, I jumped up and anxiously got out of its way, interrupting my calm coffee moment. After I gathered myself and slowly dissolved back into my coffee space, a little fly replaced the travelling bee and I peered over to the right and saw the cutest little red breasted bird ever. The sweet little thing came closer and closer as I tried to stay still, so as not to spook it but she soon sped off in another direction. Moments later, yet another creature was buzzing so close to my ear, that it felt as though it was in my head. I recognized this particular buzz but I could not believe he, Mr. Mosquito, had come this early for a visit. Moral of the story - after all the rain and cold, I do believe that spring has finally sprung in MA. Enjoy the sun New Englanders!

No comments: