A LandScape Of Handmade Goods + Art


Monday, April 9, 2007

Little Punks


I am so happy knowing that I started some new paintings today. I mean yesterday. I keep forgetting that I generally post after midnight. Actually, happy doesn't even come close to
describing what I feel when I have a good painting day because my painter self is sooo much more temperamental than my crafting self. I really don't like that word but I guess that would be the appropriate word. It was just a great day for painting. The colors were right. The subjects were right and it was all flowing and...well...right. There's is nothing more aggravating than when you think you've accomplished so much in your day in the studio and you step back, look at your work and are not happy with anything you see. Whew...I got that off my shoulders. Now onto the real purpose of this post.

If you're going only by what you see on the outside, these punk rock girls look pretty mean but you know what they say about judging a book. Look a little closer and you will know that these girls were dipped in honey because they're actually pretty sweet...and funny.

These little characters are unlike any doll I've made in that they are "hard plush", if you will. In fact, they are more like petite statuettes. I accomplished this by painting them after I stuffed them. I made 12 different versions for the 2006 holiday shows.

One other wonderful thing happened yesterday. I met Abby from White Paint and Ribbons who was a sweet'ums sending warm welcomes and great compliments. Who doesn't love that, I ask you? Thanks, Abby! Have a sweet day, folks.

1 comment:

vintagechica said...

Just wanted to pop over and say a big WELCOME! Your stuffies are to die for! Ive added you to my bloglines and can't wait to see what you come up with next.